Santa Barbara Event Professionals
The goal of the Santa Barbara Event Professionals (SBEP) is to promote professionalism in the event industry in the local area, to network, and to get to know each other's work on a first hand basis. Our membership includes some of Santa Barbara's most talented and creative event specialists.
SBEP membership will include a wide range of businesses, from familiar professionals like florists and photographers, to other often overlooked services, such as gift registries or magicians to entertain at the event. This diversity of skills and talents is what can make the difference between an ordinary event and a great one.
Membership in the SBEP represents a high quality level of workmanship, talent, capabilities and a commitment to excellence. We hope that any affiliation with the SBEP will enhance business skills as well as one's awareness of other talented event professionals in the Santa Barbara area.
Lastly, and most importantly, the SBEP is a member driven organization. Everyone works on a volunteer basis to enhance the level of professionalism in the Santa Barbara event industry. It is imperative as a member that you do your part to get to know other members, but also to promote the organization to your customers and area residents as well. The SBEP will provide many useful tools, but the responsibility lies within the membership.
- Your business listed on the SBEP website – www.sbep.com
- Visibility from all SBEP placed advertisements and co-op advertising
- Logos for use in your advertising
- Membership plaque * Participate in a SBEP Showcase
- Networking at all functions
- Membership prices at all functions for all employees
Code of Ethics
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Prospective and existing members will not use the organization for independent sales opportunities other than those related to the event industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promotes all practices which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties.
- Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Maintain industry accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Members shall encourage promising persons to enter the profession and to grow therein to become the best in their chosen profession.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality of service at every level.
- Subscribe to the SBEP Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics, and abide by the SBEP Bylaws and policies.
New Applicant Requirements
- Proof of having been in business for 1 year within the Tri-County area (Santa Barbara, Ventura and/or San Luis Obispo)
- Copy of current business license
- Signed membership application agreeing to abide by the SBEP Code of Ethics and Membership Requirements
- Pay the membership fee
- Approval by the SBEP Board
- For businesses requiring liability insurance, include a copy of the policy
- Attend as many mixers, meetings, and tours as possible
- Provide written contracts to all clients
- Cooperate with SBEP activities and efforts to promote and improve the professionalism of the special event business
- Respond rapidly and honestly to any complaints forwarded by the SBEP board
- Adhere to the SBEP Code of Ethics and cooperate with SBEP policies
- Use the SBEP name and logo in advertising whenever possible
- Pay any SBEP bill in a timely manner
- Renew Membership each year by your due date.
SBEP Membership Application Form
Since the application must be signed and accompanied by a check, please print the download and print the form.